Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More My Kitchen Rules - Hello, Victoria?

What is wrong Victoria?

We are the home of good food in this country and yet, we have managed to scrape those couples in by the skin of their gorgeous (Noah and Clint) and ranga (Rowan and Sophie) butts.

Firstly to the Queenslanders last night ... how can you not love these two? They are so sweet, and clearly in love, and that is what presented itself on the plate – a whole bunch of love. Is it this group of couples that are the nice ones, after the bitchy, nasty ones that preceded them? I think so.

Awmygawdveronica could have gotten annoying but Shadi seemed to worship the ground she walks on. Cheesy a bit – maybe but they had it right – simple.... the KISS principle of Keep It Simple Stupid seems to work in this competition.

They are cheesy and pleasant, and I think they deserved the scores they got. Pete Evans, my man crush is dissipating. You are a dynamic, handsome, cheeky SOB but you seem so wet.... do I blame the producers? Maybe, but I know you and I want more of you and less Ita Buttrose. Be you man – that’s why we love you.

Now to Victoria tonight – what is there to say that hasn’t been tweeted, facebooked and commented on at water coolers around the country already? This menu looked amazing, the table was beautiful but, sadly, cracked under pressure. I wasn’t there to see it or taste it but that fish – Hello.. Revolting!! You can’t cook fish that early in the piece or treat food with such disrespect.

I wanted to eat that pigeon or have Pete feed it to me with his hands. It looked great and being a huge fan of the taro after living in the Pacific islands, I wanted that as well. I think 8 and 7 were great scores.

I think you were ripped off with dessert. To create a solution to a problem like you had ... I don’t know that I could have thought that up so quickly. Snaps for that!!

Ben and Deb – well he is hot, she is a cougar and the relationship looks fraught. However, they made a huge mistake in camp food – please leave to us queens. Its restaurant people – think of what you want on your plate.

So next week ... the girls from WA. I want to be there. They seem delightful and I think they will surprise the teams from elsewhere. Nothing like the pair of Queensland slappers in the first group and I think we can look forward to a bit of class and elegance.

I was going to swear off MKR after the first group of couples as there was little, apart from Noah and Clint, that gave me any inspiration. Maybe I am not so sworn off it now.

Let’s see what next week holds and whether my feeble attention can be held for more than 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment