Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wowee

Saying wowee is a little like saying oops - sorry ... I shouldnt use these terms. A bit child like.

I took a journey to downtown LA - on a bus from the front of my hotel. The cost $1.25....cheap. I went specifically to the area known as the Fashion District - runs from 9th - 12th street and is freaking amazing!! It was suggested by a friend before I left the land of Oz to check out Santee Alley - its where all the locals go. My Giddy Aunt - If you have ever been through Chatuchak Markets in Thailand - Santee Alley is like this but along with the Asians, you'll find alot of Mexicans, African Americans and others. This is clearly where every LA pimp and ho shops - some of the stuff was totally laughable - the mannikans all got some serious booty going on.. it was brilliant. I was supposed to be scared a little of downtown LA, but in amongst the crazies are some genuine people who are more than happy to help, or hustle you for a few bucks....

Whilst downtown, I wondered why people become disaffected - and I got the answer to this question. LA is a sad place at times but for the most part, I am loving it. I have said for ages I have no love for LA, but my mind has been turned around.

I went out to party last night with a friend of a friend that I have never met - a Chinese American gay guy. He took me to SLS - the hottest bar in town (at least for the next five minutes). It was totally cool, they make a great mojito, and the stars all seem to like the little banquettes and tables. Thankyou for the smile Ms Cox-Arquette.

Next it was on to the Abbey - chock full of a delightful mix of LA's Gays and Lesbians, and a whole bunch of straight people. The bar was amazing and there was some pervy goodness. I enjoyed the beer on top of all the other beer I had already consumed.

Next to Mickeys - now this is a queer bar - totally hot men dancing with all but nothing on - you tip 'em you touch 'em!! Although the poor guy - he almost shrieked when I copped a handful of trouser kranksy - I had been gripping my vodka tonic with that hand and I almost shrunk all the work he had been doing on the stage. But he was sweet, and hot (which it seems is how I like my coffee and my men!). Then when outside for a cigarette, there in full view of most of West Hollywood and in front of literally a hundred men and women, a guy is getting a birthday blowjob - yep - a birthday blowjob - right in the middle of a courtyard on the street. I didnt know whether to be disgusted or delighted - I felt wuite a little bit pervy for looking but like a car crash - it was hard to draw my eyes away.


Tonight - another friend of a friend - and this time to Chateau Marmont - apparently another very cool place to see and be seen ....this is the grooviest dining experience in Hollywood. Meeting new people is so much fun. It certainly wont be a raucous as last night. And the menu at the Marmont looks great - making me hungry already.

Now back to the shopping - seriously these poeple do great rip offs. I think most of their stuff comes from Mexico, or India.... but they are great knock offs.

Well best get and pretty myself up for the evening.... hope my liver holds out. Oh and I have discovered I sound so much more Australian here - I even think I am subconsciously making myself sound more Hogan/Irwinesque just to impress the locals - who kows?

Muchos Buenos....

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment