Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello from Holly Wood!!!

They say that Los Angeles is the city of angels and the land of dreams. Bollocks.

It is the city that taste forgot, the food and the people are cheesy and I have not seen an angel yet - although there have been one or two hotties that have passed me in the street. I tried not to get all Borat over their arse and kiss them hello but hey, a boy has needs!!

I even met a waiter today who spent years in Bondi in Sydney who is here to become an actor. He is Italian, swarthy in that Italian kind of way, but I just cant see him on the big screen - but hey, who am I to shatter someone's dream. Almodovar may find and cast him. The city is as big and brash as we are led to believe... like the pizza!! I ate a slice of pizza today that was bigger than my head, and everything has fries or cheese, or god forbid, both.

Americans are interesting people and at the price of booze, I am surprised not drunker than they are. All the cars are big - SUV's, pickups and of course, convertibles and prestige vehicles. But that is not to say its bad - just big and brash.

I love LA because of these things, and yet my trepidation about being mugged or an accidental victim in a drive by shooting has all but dissipated. There are worse places with worse people, let me tell you.

I spent most of the day getting sunburned as I wandered Hollywood Boulevard in flip flops - can I just suggest here that sensible walking shoes might be reccomended...... My feet are killing me and its hot here... hotter than I packed for. Look out shops - here I come again.

I took a lot of photos of the pavement - of stars of course, and the occasional homeless person - and the people in the street are hilarious. A sandwich ordered at a bar turned out to be a kabob, with marinated chicken, lettuce, garlic sauce and fries - yes fries, in the kebab, and fries on the side - who would have thought, but after a night out in Melbourne, this could be ideal.

So La La Land isnt as bad as it is made out to be - there will be angels and dreams that I will find. In the meantime - I am off to explore Sunset Boulevard on a Friday night and the whole mugging and drive by shooting could well eventuate if I am not careful.

Until tomorrow - greetings and salutations from Sunny California.



No comments:

Post a Comment